THE sole-surviving 3ft-gauge horse tram from Soloman Andrews’ Pwllheli & Llanbedrog Tramway appears to be standing up well to the elements at the Plas Glan y Weddw arts centre.
The 1897-built enclosed Brush car has been on outdoor display at the site it once served since 2016, following an agreement between Pwllheli Town Council and Plas Glyn y Weddw.
It was refurbished in 2014 with funding from the Llŷn Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
The car, which was discovered in a farmer’s field in 1967, is pictured on March 20. MARTIN EVANS
Read more News and Features in the June 2019 issue of The RM –on sale now!
Enjoy more of The Railway Magazine reading every month. Click here to subscribe.