CLASS 04 No. D2207 (originally No. 11108) has received an extensive overhaul at the North Yorkshire Moors Railway, including the fitting of a replacement engine.
It was built by Vulcan Foundry (D208 of 1953/Drewry No. 2482), and withdrawn by BR in December 1967, passing to Hemel Hempstead Lightweight Concrete, Hertfordshire.
It entered preservation in September 1973 when acquired by the North Yorkshire Moors Railway.
Read more in the February 2019 issue of The RM – on sale now!
Enjoy more of The Railway Magazine reading every month. Click here to subscribe.